Wednesday, October 31, 2007

To film or not to film????

The concert at Hunters Oak last night went really well! This Maryland Task Force really know how to organize. The stories from the families all drew us in and brought us to tears once again. There are so many people affected out there and we have found more family by coming here.

We packed up and headed to the Bed & Breakfast for a relaxing evening. It is an amazing house and we all had plenty of space to stretch out. We explored a bit and tried to scare each other by making up stories of this old house. Someone screamed like a girl, but I won't say who!! Dana and I bunked together in twin beds and slept soundly. I don't think the covers even moved on my bed. I was out!! I woke up early to enjoy a little of the beautiful view before we headed off to Washington. The mist coming off the river cast a calming effect on the morning. Jannel, Gary, and I readied ourselves for the long trip to Washington, DC to visit with Representatives and share our heart for the missing. We wanted to get our voices heard and get that Squeaky Wheel making noise.

We spent three hours walking around the Rayburn Bldg. and the Cannon Bldg., meeting with various representatives from around the country. When going through Union station I was asked to quit filming....then again going through security...me and getting into trouble with cameras...there must be a trend here. Of course, Jannel had to make a scene when going through the security check point. She just couldn't walk through, no...she kept setting off the alarm. She pretty much stripped all jewelery off, and any added accessories...and still the alarm kept going off. I'm sure it didn't help that she was wearing a wire(her mic) and thus looked quite suspicious. The security guard finally gruffly told her to just come through and he used the wand on her. It only beeped at her midsection...a mere plastic button was setting it off. She got the attention she needed for the day and we were able to proceed. After roaming the halls of our capitol city for three hours toting two cameras that I wasn't allowed to use, I was ready to head back to our bus sweet bus! By this time we were starving, but we couldn't eat in town, we had to drive out before traffic got bad. We had our daredevil driver, Darlene, braving the streets of DC. Needless to say, I won't comment on her driving ability. I was asked to sign a waiver against any negative comments regarding her driving, Egyptian dance, and you go girl comments. I am here to type this blog, so I guess she did pretty well with the driving. We did run into a major traffic jam followed by a group of teens chasing another teen through traffic dodging cars and almost getting hit. I did manage to film the event just in case they started beating on this young boy, it didn't look good and we didn't know if someone was going to get hurt. They ran around cars for several minutes and finally got out of the street...it was a tense moment. I figured I might as well use some film, since the government wouldn't let me film our representatives. We finally arrived back at Hunters Oak to greet the rest of the group...we missed them so. It is hard to be apart since we have grown so close over these past 13 days. We had to bid our new friends adieu, Darlene and Cathy, so they could head home. We have found more family to love.

And now, the dilemma.....when arriving back at the bus some of us had to go to the bathroom. Upon checking out the situation we found that the clubhouse was locked along with the pub. No available restrooms....ugh!! Of course, the Bama rule is no #2 on the bus...what were we to do. Do we break the Bama rule, or do we find a spot in the woods???? What a dilemma! We started to make arrangements to get a ride to a gas station, when in walks Joe. He had been in the clubhouse using the restroom when they locked him in. Joe, our angel, has saved the day...the door is now unlocked because he had to come out. WE follow him back to the clubhouse and proceed to do our business. I finish up and wash my hands and hear someone trying to get into the bathroom...thankfully I locked the door. I'm thinking is Jannel trying to come in.....or are the guys worried about me???? I open the door and before me stands this huge block of a man...I immediately do what anyone in my situation would do...I turned off the light. Trying to act natural!! We proceed to explain our situation and he is cool with it all, and said he was just checking things out. WHEW!!! I'm glad I had already went because I might have lost it then. This is one eventful trip! I find I am constantly being told to quit filming...what is with that???? Either by gas stations, gov't security, gov't regulations, or our own security force. Maybe I should give up the dream to film, maybe it never was my dream, maybe I should just resort to a chip in my brain to save all the data needed???

Until next blog.....I will ponder that dilemma!

FYI!! Dana doesn't liked being pounced on early in the morning to be woke up....I learned that first hand this morning.

I can't wait to see what North Carolina brings!!

Tammy