Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Duck season....Rabbit season.....

Halloween 2007 on a bus with 9 people wearing a $0.99 hot pink mask.......WOOOPIE!!!! Someone hold me back!!

Well, I can't really complain. It's the end of a really awesome day for me. As I leave Maryland I look back at the people I have met and the things that I have learned. The one that sticks out to me the most is the guy who taught me HOW TO SHOOT A GUN!!!!
YEAH BABY!! I went shootin' me some clay pigeons today.

It all started a day ago when we pulled up to one of the nicest places I have ever stayed at .....EVER! The Pintail Point Bed and Breakfast. The good people at the Maryland Task Force have been helping GINA for missing persons set up a concert here in Maryland and somehow landed our show at Hunter's Oak Golf Course who is partnered with Pintail Point B&B. Pintail, donated the entire house, which had 5 bedrooms suites, and I think all together had over 15 rooms, and sleeps 16 people comfortably. This was a mansion to say the least.

It was build in 1934 by a Portuguese Prince, then sold in the 70's for around 125K ! In the 90's the owners decided to do some renovations and turn it into a bed and breakfast.

I thought my head was going to spin off my neck. I had no idea that these places even existed. And never thought that I would be able to stay at such a place while on this tour. What a friggin' treat.

8 am, when I woke up to Tammy jumping on top of me screaming "WAKE UP DANA!!!" I first had to warn her that if she didn't get off of me I'd have to throw her across the room, and then I wiped the boogers out of my eyes and headed down stairs where there was a lady makin' muffins and coffee. "HECK YES!!" It was the SHI*@#%!!

She asked me if I was going clay shooting and I think I said yes to her, not realizing what she was even talking about. So she said all I'd have to do was walk to the Welcome center and sign up.

Later that morning I asked someone what clay shooting was and they said " You know Dana, Skeet Shooting!?!?" Which I thought was something completely different. But nonetheless, it was described as what I learned today as Clay Pigeon Shooting.

I loaded that gun and out of 12 clay discs, I shot 1!! Not friggin' bad for a little twit like me. The gun was a Barretta, 20 gauge, automatic shot gun, that left a nice bruise on my shoulder. MAN, when I pulled that trigger I couldn't help but hoot and hauler like a back woods Betty Badass!! Don't worry mom, I don't want a gun for Christmas.

After I bonded with my hillbilly roots, We walked over to a couple of horses named Spot and Ralph, who weren't so interested in us, so of course I did my usual loud obnoxious, baby/animal talk to see if I could get there attention...... yeah they just walked away. "Hey that's cool" I said " I just shot a gun......!!!"

Big D