Saturday, October 27, 2007

Missing Pieces to FIND the Missing...

Hey ya'll,


I have been looking for 7 years to FIND, create and put together the missing pieces to FIND the missing. Yet, here I am on a 49 foot long bus with the pieces starring right back at me day after day. I could not have put together a more perfect crew.

First of all, Jeffrey Wayne was my best friend for years and has seen the ups and downs of Gina's disappearance, her children in our lives and more...and he has been along for the ride. He taught himself how to edit film for the cause. He is not only pivital in our sound, had the initial idea for Clementine and dubbed us so, but he is great at PR and filling in holes or missing pieces that need to be filled.

Dana Woods is a naturally talented, gifted in so many ways person...brilliant...I have heard someone say. She does our hair and make-up, handles the merchandise, has been playing nurse maid to Jeffrey with his pnemonia and now Cristi with her knee injury. Dana's huge heart grows bigger with each new missing person we meet. She has also been reported as being seen straightening up the bus on a daily basis.

Joe Lamanno is the calming voice of reason and wisdom flows through his veins. He keeps track of all of our sound equipment, sets it up, loads it and fronts the equipment for each gig. His heart for this mission seems to be growing in places I did not know could be grown.

Eli Cooper my amazing son considers this work for the missing his mission. I have been going about my business all these years not knowing how it would affect my kids. Eli has been profoundly impacted by the work and his consistent helpful attitude and work ethic for what needs to be done rivals many adults. Not only is he working as much as the rest of us, but he has 3 weeks worth of homework to get done. If you were his mother...you would be proud and you might even have a tear in your eye as you were typing these words. I could not ask for a better gift in this life...Eli is incredible.

Annie Williams my precious Gina's daughter...has the depth of soul of a much much older person. Her wise way of viewing her mothers disappearance an example to us all. She chooses to be happy and look at the things she has FOUND in her life. She does not dwell on the sadness. I wanna be like her when I grow up. She is learnin' me.

Cristi Higgins is a kind soul gifted with video production. Her heart for what we do touches her tremendous effort. Even though she is injured she is constantly working to find ways to utilize the time she has by logging video or whatever. The families of the missing can really feel her care for their stories and they express their great appreciation for work.

Gary Floyd is a soul I have always felt akin to. I have known for years that one day our paths would align...I just never imagined that they would align in Clementine, a band with a mission and the Squeaky Wheel Tour for the missing. His talent is limitless and his heart seems to be the same.

TamLyn Smith...my sweet sister...is our road manager. She has never done this before in her life, but she is handling it she has been doing it all of her life. No detail gets lost with her. Our bus driver, Bama is impressed with her and thinks she is top notch. Jeffrey goes on and on about how great she is. She keeps us on schedule, washes our laundry, makes sure we have hotels, a place to park the bus, handles every detail with flair..and, and and she has to wake up first in the morning to get the rest of us up. Not a fun job. Up until the last few months she has been on the outskirts of GINA for Missing Persons FOUNDation. She has had her eyes, ears and hands full with helping the missing. I am not sure how much this is affecting her, but I know that she so relates to the families of the missing and their need for what we are trying to create for them. I am so proud of her and her natural abilities. She is also a great singer and joins us on Oct 17 and Clementine each night. Besides the fact that between Tammy, Dana and Jeff...we have constant comedy routines going on in between Squeaking.

We prayed for just the right bus driver. Mike Smith is his name, but we have dubbed him Bama...since he is from Alabama...we are very creative. Anyway...he gets us. He gets what we are doing...what our mission is and whether he likes it or not he is already a permenant member of the band.

All in all. I started out with a great amount of love and admiration for everyone involved the project. Everyone on this tour is growing to be more beautiful and inspiring and mission oriented with each passing day. They have each taken on their own expanding role of this mission as if it were created just for them. It takes me aback at times as I am so used to being the one holding all of the balls. They have so taken on their roles that I have actually been able to rest in knowing I don't have to do everything...that there are angels on this bus helping to carry this load I have been carrying for so long. At times I feel a little like a mother letting her chicks go out for the first time. It's hard to let the chicks go. But if I want GINA to grow and I want to Squeaky louder with every passing day...then I have to let someone else take the reins...and thank goodness for all of the missing pieces on this bus that have fit together perfectly to make this tour an incredible experience for all.

I guess I have said enough...we are in Indiana today with In Hope and Keri Dattilo. Boy have they been working for us. We got this last minute gig put together, great hotel rooms and 6 families of the missing came to tell us their stories. Each day is emotional as you can imagine. Jeff already told you about Chicago last night. I am certain that we are all learning and growing in ways that will be long lasting. It is all happening so fast with such emotional highs and lows...that I for one will need time to assimilate it all.

Until I have time to blog...blessings...all around.


Jannel