Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Bikers of Queenstown

We played in Queenstown Maryland last night. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PLACE. It is called HUNTERS OAKS. That equates to 1700 acres of lakes, flatlands, green and awesomeness.


Last night there was a ROAR before we started and within minutes a gaggle of leather clad bikers appeared in the audience. Seems they were invited by the Maryland task force and REALLY wanted a picture taken with our bus. Kath (the ex marine who told us we were WIMPS not to ride the rail)organized them all and we heard the roar of the engines as they road their HOGS over to get a pioture with our bus. One of them shock my hand and called me "SON". His name was "SPIDER". Imagine that...me...the son of an outlaw biker named "Spider". MY biker name would be.....

GNAT.

The point of the story is that I actually fell asleep while we were playing our "hit" song "MUST HAVE BEEN". Not literal ASLEEP neccesarily. But once we atarted that song the bikers started to leave. I saw them leaving one by one and then heard the roar of the bikes over the sound of our instruments. As I was playing i went inside my head and started thinking about the bikers. Did they hate us that bad? Didn't they think Jannel and Dana were HOTTT!!!! Maybe a few of them fancied Gary and me. Wait, these are bikers!!!!

By the time I roused myself from my reverie we were at the end of the song. I literally zoned out for the entire song.

Biker have that effect on me.