Sunday, October 28, 2007

Catching up with all the days gone by.....

We are almost half way through our tour and for me it's gone by so quickly. We've been to Nebraska for a couple of days where Jannel is native. Our show at the Meadowlark was a great hit. We had about 5 families of the missing attend and got some great interviews for the T.V. show.

We've been to South Dakota where we hung out with our biggest fans Kim, Arllen and Tabi, The folks over in Garreston made us a nice spread of food right before our show over at Augi. College, in Souix Falls. Christi our camera girl got injured badly while playing with some of the kids of the area. I guess she tripped over a crack in the street and fell right on her knee. She came up into the bus and there was a little red mark right above her knee cap. Not a big deal.....Yeah right!!! About 1 hour and 1/2 goes by and she comes walking up to the merch. table and lifts her pant leg up and her knee is the size of a orange!! And that little red mark above her knee cap was now green, yellow, red and a funky brown color....... gnarls!

I could see it in her eyes she was freaked out. Lucky for us there were 2 med. students there at the show that helped her out with some pain relievers and an ace bandage. Over the course of our trip she has seen a Dr. and he Rx her a soft cast and I think someone along the way had donated and old school looking crutch, so she's all hooked up and ready to go.

From there we headed to Iowa and did a show at the Moose Lodge. Somethin' was a brewin' in my system that I couldn't yet explain but I shugged it off and continued with the show and it went good.

Now.....the next morning round 6 or 7 am I felt a very strange pain in my throat and went I went to swallow, the pain threw me back to that Roubitussin commercial cira.1982 ...."It'll hurt if I swallow....It'll hurt if I swallow......It'll hurt if I.....MOMMY!!!!!"

I knew right then and there I was SICK!!!!! "SONOFA......!"

Our next show was in downtown Chicago at the Lumen Club, and we had to drive quite a bit so I got a lot of rest. When we got there and walked in to set up I was surprised at how groovy this club was considering it was in the middle of the meat packing district in downtown Chicago. It actually reminded me of the hipster clubs in L.A. on being the Mandrian Hotel off of Sunset where only the hoity of toities go......oooohhh fancy!!!

With this being said I guess you can say It wasn't the kind of place Clementine is used to playing, so I kept my mind open...
Little by little people started trickling in.
Kathy Teague came in. She is a mother of one of the missing children we profile. Vignette Teague is her daughter. On our GINA DVD she was one of the missing that I profiled and I completely remember her story and how it made me feel and let me tell you something Kathy's story touched, and moved me in such away and I believe it's from the immense energy and the love that flows from that woman.
Her daughter has been missing for 24 years and the love and support that showed up for her that night was amazing. It was an intimate crowd of maybe 40 people but it felt like 100 people where there. We handed out 100 DVD's to the people there and they all wanted more to post up in their workplaces, their churches and to their friends and family. I actually had to run out to the bus and get another box of 50 to give to Kathy so she could hand them out.

Of all the shows so far I think this one was my favorite..... I just wanted to hug everyone.

Big D