Saturday, October 6, 2007

12:40 in the morning and nowhere to think...

Morning all,

It's October 6th. I fell asleep for an hour or so and then, wide away with thoughts of details swimming around in my head. We have 11 days before we leave on our US tour to gain attn for missing people all over the country. It has been months of very long hours planning this tour...not just for Clementine, but to enlist the cooperation and community of artists, press, nonprofits and families of the missing all over the world.

Last year, at this time I was working on the same thing...the Squeaky Wheel Tour. Also, falling asleep for a short while only to wake up to details swimming in my head. I said, that I would not put myself through it again and yet...here I am...making it happen again. It's not that I don't believe in what I am doing or that there are no rewards...it is that the work load is enormous....the hours are long...and it's really like trying to climb Mount Everest without working up to the task, without the tools...flying blind nearly every step of the way. However, I remember so vividly those first few days, weeks and months when Gina disappeared. The level of trauma to my family and those around us like nothing I had ever experienced.vThat memory drives me to climb without the tools, the skills, the money or the man power...because I know what I see as missing in this world of missing is a HUGE need. What is missing are avenues to gain attention for people who are missing regardless of their age, lifestyle, gender, media friendly story, looks, family etc...I just can't stand the thought of another family waiting endlessly for an open door. Having the media doors slam in your face with the lie that your loved one is not important. That people only care about finding the missing with the media ready stories. So, I just go for it and, hope, pray, climb and dream for the best.

Adding Clementine, the band to my life...such a blessing and a dream come true. Adding FINDing Gina, the TV series to a project for GINA for Missing Persons...such a blessing and a dream come true...and yet...the work load has exploded off even last years charts and I thought last year was an enormous undertaking. Be careful what you think...is the watch word here. I can only surmise that God, or fate...knew I would be where I am today and had confidence that I could handle it all. ; )

With all the details, organizing, money needs, press needed to support this effort, contacting artists and the families of the missing and and and...most times the only way to get to sleep is to imagine that I remember everything I need to remember when I need to remember it and to focus on the end result...that the missing we are profiling are matched up with the right artist who draws in the right eyes and ears to bring someone home. That's really all I have to do...focus on that...bringing one home...bringing one home.... For the love of Gina...for the love of Gina...for the love of Gina we focus on.

Blog at you later...blessings all around,

Jannel



I