Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I Love Maryland

Our little adventure to the harbor turned into quite the exciting time. The ride on the train was eventful as Jeff described earlier. We were just going to walk around the hotel and look at the sights, but then it was decided that we should actually take a day off and do some real exploring. Little did we know that we would experience Baltimore first hand by riding the train. We were the typical tourists in every way, video camera in hand, loud, and looking at the sights. Dana and I were looking at the pretty lights, and scenery when Eli and Gary jumped into action when they sensed danger. We were quite oblivious to the two guys on either side of us that made eye contact and looked like they were ready to pounce. Gary pushed Dana and I both into the street and said, "Get walking!" He then proceeded to take my camera and say, "No more filming, walk with purpose, and look like you know where you are going." I took this advice, but Dana was tooooo happy to be contained. Don't know if it was the three glasses of wine, the cold medicine, or just her happy self. The boys were trying their best to keep her contained, but they had their job cut out for them. Gary grabbed the camera in his hand and was prepared to use it if needed....it was all we had for we weren't packing heat! We went by the harbor...beautiful, and then over to the Hard Rock Cafe to get souvenirs. The scenery was amazing, but not recorded as much as I would have liked, but in my mind forever. The Legal Seafood Restaurant was amazing!!! I am not much for seafood since I haven't been exposed to it, but their crab cakes were to die for. I also had Halibut steak for the Hal-i-but. It was sooooo good! I now like seafood. Even young Eli tried Rainbow Trout and ate the whole thing. This is a huge accomplishment for him, he is not one to try new things. He likes his staples. We had such a wonderful day off. The train ride home was quite interesting, although Eli was off looking for his ticket and hugging the Maryland Task Force and almost missed the train. We managed to all board, ride safely (but not quietly..for that is not our nature), and safely get off the train. The guys were running security and figured they would probably end up taking a bullet to protect the ladies. They thought whoever came after us would not be working with fists but guns. Of course, Jeff is always looking for that hook to get media attention on this tour, so I was not feeling safe about his protection. Needless to say, we made it safely back to the hotel and had a restful nights sleep.

We are flyering this afternoon with the Maryland Task Force and just stopped at the Moose Lodge to eat. Did I say I love Maryland???? Well I do!!! This is the Road Weary Manager, loving every minute, sleeping only when the details that swarm my mind allow!