Monday, October 15, 2007

Everybody is here and it's starting to smell...

.... like a bus full of musicians.

Gary, Joe, Annie, Christi, Jeff, Jannel, Eli and I are are just about ready to emabark on a 20 day journey into the world of touring. I'm a bit nervous for a number of reasons, not because I think we will suck, but because of the weight of this project and wanting to be able to fulfill the task at hand in a respectful manner.

The other reasons would be the fact that 9 people are going to be on a bus driving cross country, with the furthest point being Maryland, eating, sleeping, brushing teeth, reading, breathing, stinking, singing, working, telling jokes, recording, playing, and I have NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE!!!!

I come from a little big town called Whittier, and work as a hairstylist full time and most of the time overtime, where my clients pretty much have a heart attack the second I say vacation. I think the longest I have ever taken off of work would be a week, and it took it's toll on my business. I guess what I'm trying to say is, that I have worked 10 years building a foundation for a finacial homestead and now I could say that I have reached a nice postion in my life business wise. Leaving for 20 days in a career like this has got to be the scariest thought that goes through my head.

With all of that said you might be asking yourself "what the hell is this chick doing this for?"

For me, there wasn't any thinking if I should be apart of this project. I knew that Jannel was in my life for a reason, and vise versa. With all of the nervousness that I'm feeling and all of the sacrificing that we all have had to do to be apart of this project, nothing, in my opinion, is more important, more fulfilling than helping these families find closure with their missing love ones. The work that gets put into a project of this size is a total family effort. Mix with in with love, struggle, hopes, sacrifice, determination, lack of sleep, lack of time, DETAILS, and lots and lots of SUPPORT!

My foresight on this trip would be that we are going to play amazing shows, Create so much attention that you will have no way to turn your head, and to stay focused and true to our mission.

So, stay tuned to find out what happens and don't be shy, we wanna know what you think about this animal we're creating.

AND I'M SPENT!!!!!

P.S. I will try not to cuss while the camera is rolling.......Shi!##*

Dwoods