Sunday, October 21, 2007

Snow is falling on my face

Day 5. We were up at 5 am to get ready for our BIG channel 4 news spot, in Denver. We arrived at the channel 4 CBS building around 7 am and it was cold but tolerable. The second i walked into the filming room I couldn't get that movie Anchorman out of my head..... all I saw was BIG hair and BIG smiles....... it was creepy, and their voices were pretty big too...... I was scared.

The really awesome thing was that we were LIVE and got to play 2 songs and talked about the GINA FOUNDation. They showed the weather and it didn't hit me that they were forecasting SNOW, until I walked out of the CBS building and saw........SNOW.......FRIGGIN FALLING ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! I swear I thought it was Christmas and wanted to know where the hell all my presents were. It was a very memorable moment in my life.

From there we headed to Unity Church to do a service by 10 am. The band seems to do a lot of church services with reason of course, since the church population continues to support our cause.

The last couple of days were travels days for us from Ashland Oregon, to here Denver Colorado. Nevada in my opinion was a land of " not a whole lot". and Utah was cool I guess, I was sleeping most of the time. But Wyoming, was friggin' butt cold.

We stopped at a flying J truck stop and Jannel and I passed out flyers of missing people to truck drivers. That itself was something I would NEVER do if I wasn't apart of this project and to be honest It made me feel uncomfortable. Not only was I freezing cold, but I was told that "working girls" go truck to truck knocking on the doors of truck drivers to give services and that was the LAST thing I wanted anyone to see me as. I mean I could service them with a hair cut..... and trust me these drivers looked and smelled like they needed more that a haircut. They did however take our flyers and said they would keep an eye out and post them on the road.

I sit here in Denver on the bus watching the snow fall outside while "Bama" gets his 8 hours sleep. I plan on walking around and taking lots of pictures.

I miss my parents, Faustin and my friends Elicia, Leah and Dave. I wish you could be here so I can throw a snow ball at all your heads!!!!

Love and Rockin'

Big D