Friday, November 2, 2007

The Vet, Walmart and the $1000 Candy Bar

I am sitting on the bus in Madison Indiana and I have to admit to you'all that I am an illiterate blogger.

I type and think so fast that I spell like a preschooler.

So what the hell?

Last night we played in Arden North Carolina. Now, it's always a bit of a surreal experience when you play in a bar.

(off the topic: Dana Woods should never handle firearms)

Back to the bar. The opening band "99 Years" did a song with this lyric in it:

"Walmart is the GOD D#$MN DEVIL".

I think you are getting a flavor of what our night was like. During soundcheck the monitors rang like a fire alarm during first period in elementary school. Gary had a splitting headache. Joe and I silently wondered if the vocals would be heard. Dana setup her merchandise oblivious to any of this. Actually, she is oblivious to most things. And JannelS she glided through the bar schmoozing and looking for missed details. In her view there are always missed details.

But I digress...the truth is the people that hosted us from the band 99 YEARS were SAINTS. Taylor and Melissa and the band worked tirelessly and they really were concerned about the ringing monitors. The sound was fine during our show and the small but vocal crowd STOOD UP and RUSHED THE STAGE during "STRANDED". At least that is how DANA envisioned it in her mind. I thought everyone was leaving. So you can see that I am a half full kind of guy and Dana is a "THE GLASS IS ALWAYS FULL BECAUSE I AM SOOOOOO BITCHIN'" kind of girl.

SOOOO...at the end of the night after our finale of "CLEMENTINE STREET" we got a standing ovation and a dude walked in and told Jannel he would donate $20 if we played another songs. And what did we do? "HEART OF THE MATTER". Yep...I got my chance to shine and this time everyone stood up and held up their lighters. Perhaps because I was finished singing.

Afterwards JIMMY MAC (the $20 donator) told Jannel he had a friend he wanted to introduce her too. Turns out this friend owns a series of hotels and turns out this friend made a LARGE DONATION to GINA on the spot.

NOw, my limo is here to take me for a shower...