Sunday, November 4, 2007

Can It Really Be the Last Day?????

What happened to the last three weeks???? They have flown by in a blur of activity; singing, crying, sleeping, massive doses of coffee, vitamins, airborne, laughing, hugging, stories, memories forever etched in our minds. The people we have met, the places we have seen, the miles we have put on this ole' bus.

Our design on the map of our trip across the country resembles some shape I should have recalled from geometry, but have chosen to forget.

The memory of being flung from the bathroom while rounding the hills on our way through North Carolina. Fortunately I was only brushing my teeth. That experience earned me another of my many bruises. I have acquired many from who knows where, just bumping into things on the bus, loading equipment, setting up, and just walking.

It is crowded with the 9 of us, but no one seems to mind. We have all gotten along so well and it will be very hard saying goodbye tonight after our last event. We are in disbelief that the three weeks are already over, it seems we have just begun. I have been challenged in many areas of my life, stretched, and grown. I have been in my comfort zone, and jumped out of my comfort zone......all in the name of helping the families of the missing. It is a task I have loved taking on. I have loved working with this band, being close to my sister, niece, and nephew, the whole adventure. I have found many new friends, cried many tears, and have been overwhelmed at the vastness of all we have tried to accomplish.

FOUND.....I have found a whole new respect for the people around me, the goodness of people, the blessing I have, my family, the value of each of us and how we are all connected. We must always watch out for each other, always have a listening ear, listen with our heart, hear what people have to say, be there for each other.

Most of all.....I have found myself growing into the person God created me to be. For that I am grateful....with the help of my family and friends...I continue growing!! This road weary manager has had an amazing journey and loved every minute of it. I LOVE YOU CLEMENTINE!!!!