Sunday, November 4, 2007

This can't be our last day......

Our last day is here in Dallas, Texas. We drove 12 or so hours from Nashville last night.

Since the last time I wrote we hit a smokey bar in North Carolina called The sports Zone, where we all took in about a pack of cigarettes each. We had about 4 people show up to the show. The reason someone said that we didn't have a good turn out is, in North Carolina people don't get out of the house until 11pm and stay out drinking till 4 am whether it's a week night or not. So, the fact that we went on around 8 or 9 didn't do too much for us. But we met a guy by the name of "Jimmy Mack" who walked in pretty hammered and turned out to be one of our biggest fans that night...... he saw those cameras and wanted to tell the whole world that he thought what we were doing was awesome. We started to think he was a little too drunk to be hangin' out with, but then he went ahead and introduced us to man who donated $1000. !! Not bad Jimmy Mack.

From there we went to the Electric Lady in Indiana, where we all smoked another pack of cigarettes. Except there were about a 100 people. The bands were all great and the guys from Same Soul were good peeps. It's shame that with his tour we have had so little time to spend with the people we meet on the road. We always have to hit splitsville right after we play to make to the next state by morning. That night in Indiana was a fun one, wish we had more time.

Yesterday, we hung out in Nashville, played the Edge Hill Studios Cafe, hung with Jeff's family, ate some Mexican food, and hit it around 8 pm. Nashville felt alot like San Francisco. The people looked like southern California people with their cool hair and their tanned skin. I was a bit confused. I thought I was gonna see some cowboys er something. I honestly didn't get too excited over Nashville....... but the show was good nevertheless.

I sit here in the tour bus in front of the church we will playing at tonight. This is our last show of the tour. I depart on a plane back to Cali. while some of the rest of the band drives the bus back home. I can't believe the tour is over.
I remember getting on this bus thinking to my self, " how am I gonna last for 3 weeks?"

And I'm telling you it really has gone by so fast. 3 weeks have come and gone and it's all back to the real world for us. I would be ready to do all over again...... who knows, we just might and hopefully we can make it to your town.

Signing off.......Big D