Sunday, November 4, 2007

Done in Dallas

It's over.

The finale in Dallas was off the hook. Prior to the concert we were told to meet in the "food" room by the QUEEN of ALL Diva's. Denise Lee. She and Gary organiized the event tonight. As we were all seated for what purpose we knew not in sprang Dana Woods parents John and MAMA G. They had flown in from California. I am not sure why but Jannel hugged John and wept. When I saw her weeping I started crying like a little puss boy. I assume Jannel was overwhelmed by the amount of support she has gotten and John and Gigi showing up was the tear the broke the camels back. I don't know how else to say it other then to say that "CLEMENTINE" played at a different level tonight. The long journey on this tour must have all kicked in tonight and we played at a level that I can only define as "ROCKED"! The sound was great, the vocals were great the crowd was great. At one point before the song "Clementine Street" Jannel had all of our crew come on stage and asked the audience to thank them for thier effort. We got a 5 minute standing ovation and for whatever reason seeing the audience salute our team like that caused me to tear up like a little wimp boy. Many tears tonight. Tammy Smith was crying ALOT on and off. She deserves it. She road managed the hell out of us. She was EXCEPTIONAL! And I love her. Annie (my daughter)was brillient. Responsible, artistic, spreading her love. She was the backbone of the tech crew no question. Cristie our lead videographer was the workhorse of the crew. Up everyday like a Nebraska farm girl and NEVER stopping until late at night. She is incredible even and consistent. I love her.

So I sit on the bus in Dallas. Dana, Tammy, Cristi and Annie are preparing to head to their hotel as they are flying out in the morning. Gary is heading to his house in Dallas. Joe, Jannel, Eli and I are staying on the bus with BAMA (our driver) for a 2 day trip back home. That's right, we have to ride the bus back home. Why? Because we are not DIVA's. Come to think of it, I take back all the nice things I said about the tech crew. The 4 of us are the meat and potatoes of CLEMENTINE. Well, I am the meat and the other 3 are the potatoes.

So SQUEAKY WHEEL 2007 is done. What is ahead? Stay tuned for updates about the TV show "FINDING GINA" which will put "CLEMENTINE" in your homes every week. Once that is done "CLEMENTINE" will be looking to hit the road again and make new friends and reconnect with you'all, (meaning our current friends.)

we will blog on our way home as we pass threw New MExico and all the hell holes in between.

Jeffrey Wayne