Saturday, November 3, 2007

Smokin in the Madison Room

Last night we played an amazing show in Madison Indiana and the remenants remain in my lungs.

We Californians live in a pristine world of smokeless establishments and botox and breast enhancements.

In AWESOME Madison,real men smoke their cigarettes indoors and party like it was 1999.

We played at the Electric Lady which hosted the event and Jeff the owner was incredible to us. The band SANE SOUL treated us with compassion and showed a real heart for the cause. Rusty Bladen rocked our world and is so gracious!

Now, the large crowd was noisy, smokey and dancing fools. At one point Jannel ordered me to stand near our expensive camera and keep the locales from dancing it into a shattered mess. I love taking my scawny body and becoming the muscle.

But the hightlight of the evening had to be the MC. He was COMMANDING the revelers to quiet down and listen to the information about the missing. The first time they listened...sort of. But I learned that the MC for the event was the MAYOR of Madison. THE MAYOR! He was great.Did you get that. THE MAYOR was the MC for the event. THOSE DATILLO's make the earth move in Madison. Then I learned that their great, great ,great grandfather actually owned the entire town at one point. So they have that going for them. I assume the Mayor is on their payroll. To be honest, we are all on their payroll. I am personally on Kari's payroll. (BY THE WAY, CARROT...your father wants you back in LA).

I smell of the smoke in Madison and that reminds me of Joe, Jeff, Steve and all the friends we met. For the record..I played my drums HARD last night and Jannel never gave me the famous "SHARK EYES".

I raise my smoke ladened hand in salute to your Datillo, Indiana.